Updated: May 26, 2018
Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we may collect information about you and/or your use of our Services. We collect information you provide to us, information we collect through the use of our Services and information we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Submit to Us
In certain circumstances you may be required or requested to provide us personal information when you register for any of our Services, subscribe to our newsletter and other content; place an order; complete a survey, submit content or post a comment, or send us an email or submit a contact form. This may include information such as your name, email address, address, and phone number.
Other information you submit to us may include:
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information Automatically Collected
We may collect information about your use of our Services such as:
Device Information: When you visit the site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, general location, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the site, and information about how you interact with the site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.” We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the site.
Information From Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we receive from or about you.
In general, we use your information to help us improve the Service and customize the user experience in the following ways:
- to fulfill any orders placed through the site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations);
- to provide you requested services, to create an account or profile, to process information and transactions;
- to provide you with information or advertising relating to our Services, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us;
- to personalize your user experience;
- to improve our Services;
- to help us screen for potential risk and fraud;
- to comply with regulatory and legal obligations.
- Wordfence: We use Wordfence to help us secure our site. Wordfence will create a cookie only when you log into our site. For more information on how Wordfence collects and processes your data, visit https://www.wordfence.com/privacy-policy/.
Law Enforcement: We may share personal information with outside parties if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable legal process or enforceable governmental request; to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; address fraud, security or technical concerns; or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- Comment: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Account: If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed. If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Do Not Track: Please note that we do not alter our site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
Embedded Content from other Websites
Data Transfers: Data is stored on a US server. Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Data Security: We implement security measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your personal information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Data Breach: In the event of a data breach we will notify the users via email within 7 business days of discovering the breach.
Data Retention: We will retain your personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Your Rights: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
Your California Privacy Rights: We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosures.
Minors: The site and the Service are not directed to anyone under the age of 16. The site does not knowingly collect or solicit information from anyone under the age of 16, or allow anyone under the age of 16 to sign up for the Service. In the event that we learn that we have gathered personal information from anyone under the age of 16 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we have collected such information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com by mail using the details provided below:
41 Peabody St.
Nashville, TN 37210