What is your name?
– Guide Dog
What is your genre of music?
– Grunge. Art rock.
Give us a little bio about you.
– We’re a three-piece alternative band from South Wales. We grew up listening to the Spice Girls.
We like speed boats, but we’ve never been in one. We ‘re all brothers. We like fly-fishing. But
just for sport. We’re all vegans. We’re probably the best band around at the moment.
Tell us more about your music.
– If it makes fashionable rips appear in my jeans, I know it’s right. If it makes dogs howl, I know
it’s right. If it makes me do a little sick in the back of my throat, I press record, and every time,
it’s a hit!
You have released your A side ‘ Egos With Genitals ‘, tell us more about it.
– It’s a garage rock song with four chords, a two-note guitar solo and no chorus. Smash!
What was the writing process like?
– Lots of fun! Just guitar and drums and a loop pedal all loud hell in a practice room.
What was the recording process like?
– Absolutely sensational. Three days to record the whole record with our old pal Dan Austin
(Doves, The Pixies). We had a brilliant time and I think we all fancied each other a bit when it
was time to leave. I’m now bisexual.
Tell us more about the naming process.
– It’s a reference to the age of individualism.
You also have the B Side ‘Bin Juice’ , tell us more about it
– Apparently in America they call it ‘trash sludge’. That’s pretty cool isn’t it. A whole different
term for the domestic refuse effluent left behind from an aging sack of life’s detritus, as a
collection of malodorous slime on the floor, and occasionally, down your trousers! It’s about
the interminable churning of the domestic cycle. The grinding down of raw materials. The
temporary maintenance. And the excretion…
Will you be releasing a Album or EP in the new year?
– New album ASAP! I say ASAP but really my goal is to have it out in 2018. Perhaps on Christmas
If so what can we expect from it?
– More of an Art Rock tapestry this time around. A broader collision of styles. Still brutal. But a
Do you have any gigs or a tour coming up?
– Christmas gig in Cardiff Transport Club, Dec 22nd 2017. C’mon and celebrate.
Then I plan to do a tour of Tesco Extra car parks in the spring.
If so where will you be heading?
– Tesco Extra.
What else can we expect from you?
– Probably one last single off the debut album ‘Lovely Domestic Bliss’.
Are you a signed?
– Nah. It’s over-rated.
Who are your influences?
– Benazir Bhutto, Susan Sontag, Sylvia Plath, Tina Turner….and Fireman Sam.
Where do you see yourself now in 5 Years?
– In the Human Being-atarium. With everyone else.
When you’re not doing music, what do you do?
– Spreadsheets and changing crappy nappies.
Where would your dream venue to play in your hometown?
– Tesco Extra.
Would you be up for collaborating with an unsigned artist or band? If so how can they contact
– Yeah man. You can join my band if you want. As long as you play the sitar. Email:
What was the song you listened to most that influenced you to go more in to the music scene?
– Take My Breath Away by Berlin.
Where is your dream festival to perform?
– Rock Werchter in Belgium. Went there once. Almost got burnt alive in my tent. Wasted!
What made you go in to music?
– Hearing music.
What’s the best advice you have ever been given?
– If it looks wrong, it probably is.
What advice would you give to aspiring musicians not just about the industry also just as an
– Don’t kill yourself.
What quote or saying do you always stick by?
– “I really really really wanna zig a zig ahhh”.
When you are at a gig, what are 5 things you cannot forget?
– Nicotine, Valium, Vicodin, Marijuana, Ecstacy…..I could go on!
You come off Tour
1/ Where is the first place you go?
2/Who is the first person you see?
3/What is the first thing you eat.
– The Word
Do you have social media accounts so your fans can follow you?